How to make a successful transition to solid shampoo?
Our hair is particularly sensitive to changes, whether these are related to our diet, water quality, air quality, etc. Therefore, switching from a conventional shampoo to a solid shampoo also involves a significant change for our hair. They have been used to aggressive industrial products such as sulphated detergents and silicone, which on the one hand attack the scalp and on the other hand suffocate the hair. Therefore, a transition phase is necessary for your mane to adapt to a new treatment.
In fact, during the “first few times” that you use solid, natural shampoo, your hair may be flat, dry, sticky, not very shiny,… Don’t panic, it’s perfectly normal, it just takes a while for your mane to adjust after years of washing with liquid shampoos containing harmful chemical ingredients.
This transition period will take time depending on the nature and experience of your hair, from a few weeks to a few months. It will be necessary to be patient for the health of your hair. In the meantime, do the right thing:
- 1 –Brush your hair just before shampooing, this will make it easier to detangle after washing.
- 2 – To make the best use of your solid shampoo, first wet your hair well and lather the soap in your hands before applying it to your scalp. It should be noted that a solid shampoo lathers less than an industrial shampoo because it does not contain products with a foaming effect, which does not prevent the solid shampoo from washing well. As a result, there is a tendency to want to add more soap, which is not necessary. Also, it is not necessary to apply the shampoo to the lengths unless your hair is long. Just leave the foam on the tips during rinsing.
- 3 – As solid shampoo can dry out your hair due to the high concentration of surfactants, we advise you to nourish it with our Biopousse mask, which you can use as a detangling treatment, after-shampoo mask or on washed hair to sculpt it if it is curly.
- 4 – Wash your hair at intervals to prevent it from getting greasy faster and less dry.
- 5 –To preserve the effectiveness of your solid shampoo, after each wash, dry it in a soap dish or store it in a small box.